If you are stressed about your upcoming oral surgery, then we can help you! Our team understands any surgery can be frightening, especially if you do not know what to expect. That is why we are happy to help you with information on the recovery process, so you can know the information you need to know.
Our dentist, Dr. Mahesh Solanki, is trained to help you with your oral surgery. In fact, our team at Whitman Dental Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, can help you with your scheduling needs as well as any questions you may have.
Here is a list of tips and tricks to help you through the oral surgical process:
– Listen to your doctor about aftercare instructions, so you know what will happen. Follow your doctor’s guidance on all instructions to have the best results after your surgery.
– Keep absent from alcohol and tobacco use during the recovery and healing period. The reason is to avoid it interfering with your medications. Tobacco can also cause severe problems because it slows down the healing process tremendously. It is always best to abolish all tobacco habits for best health results.
– Attend your follow-up checkups faithfully. These appointments are intended to check you are healing right and avoiding dangerous infections. If you miss out on these checkups, you are putting yourself in danger for infections.
– Rest often. Remember to get plenty of rest and sleep, so your body can heal quickly. Rest is essential to healing and allows you the proper time to recover.
– Before your oral surgery be sure to request information on what food and drink restrictions you may have to prepare yourself beforehand.
– Remember to take all recommended medicines to avoid infections and help with pain management if needed.
If you are about to have oral surgery, then be sure to follow these steps and make yourself informed of what is to come. If you have questions about your surgery or would like to set up an appointment to talk about one of our surgical services, please call us today at 215-501-7156 to make an appointment. We are happy to welcome you to our office.